A tap and a swipe – your ride instantly arrives at your doorstep for a pickup. Who does not wish for such a service? Uber has successfully proved that this kind of app is not only convenient for the customer but also profitable for the owner. Technology enables you to get “at-your-door-step” services via innovative apps.
Taxi mobile application helps customers instantly book a ride – within a few taps and swipes on their mobile phones.
If you are looking for a taxi mobile app, here’s how you can build your own app:
To begin with, you will need to consider features from a passenger point of view and from a driver’s point of view.
Start with these features:
- User registration: Users should be able to directly register either on the app or use their social media profiles to register.
- Booking a ride: User should be able to either book a cab instantly or schedule a ride for later.
- Payments: Users should also be able to instantly pay using their phones. Adding the auto payments features is a smart thing to do.
- Push notifications: The app should also have features to show notifications about the trip, the driver, the vehicle information, booking ID and average time of arrival.
- Ride history: The app should also show the drive history. All the details of the current ride and previous rides should be available for users.
- Driver’s reviews and ratings: Customers should be able to view the drives ratings and reviews on their previous rides.
- Pick up location and drop off location: A passenger should be able to input the exact pickup location using the GPS module.
- Interactive Map and Taxi Tracking: The app should show all the cabs nearby and tracks the driver during the journey in real time.
- On the other hand, a driver should show “available if he is ready to pick up a passenger.
- Navigation: The app should show the path to the passenger and best route for the trip to the driver too.
Cost to Develop a Taxi App
The cost to develop a taxi app depends on a number of key factors. You will need to list out your key features that are ‘must haves’ for your app. Also, list out the essential set of parameters and then decide the total scope of work. This will give you an estimate of the cost you may incur for development. You also can look for ready to use app templates. These have all the essential features built in and can drastically reduce your cost of development.
The average development time for building a taxi app:
The time to develop an app also depends on a number of factors. It depends on whether you are developing from scratch or from a ready template. It also depends on the features and the scope of work that has been decided. Even before you begin development, you need to decide upon the business model and the platforms that you would support for this app. All of these are enough inputs to get an estimate of the time to develop the apps.